Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thing 2: Mobile Device Tips

I watched the video for the iOS 7 Hidden Features.  I also looked at the 15 iPhone Tips and Tricks You Probably Didn't Know.

I am the kind of person who reads a manual completely when I purchase a new product, and when I got my iPhone 5, wanting to make sure I got the most out of it, I read everything I could get my hands on.  A lot of these features and tricks I was aware of, but quite a few I weren't, or in the least, couldn't remember.

I've never really taken advantage of Siri as much as I probably could - especially since my clumsy thumbs make me such a horrible typist on a phone screen.  I knew I could have Siri search Twitter, but I didn't know that I could specify for Siri to search images.  I also don't remember ever knowing about Siri's ability to correct pronunciation of names.  Learning about hese little features have just encouraged me to get more acquainted with Siri, and I plan to spend a little more time each day exploring Apple's innovative digital assistant.

The time stamp for texts was also a feature I didn't know about, and somehow I don't think I ever took the time to play around with Background App Refresh function.  Using a finger to deleting the last digit in the calculator app was a neat trick I'm happy I know about now.

Most of the other stuff though I think I knew about, but a lot of the features and tricks I have found little need to make use of.  Saving battery life on my iPhone is one of the bigger struggles I deal with, but I find that I'm willing to sacrifice battery life for better/more convenient functionality.

All in all though, I thought this lesson was a great introduction to my device, and I found it made me want to spend more time getting more knowledgeable about all its various capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment