Friday, February 21, 2014

Thing 3: Utilities

The utility app I decided to download and play around with was RedLaser.  I had already had a QR code reader app on my iPhone, but the only time I had ever used it was the day I downloaded it.  RedLaser seems to have a few more features that will make it more likely for me to use on a regular basis.

I like that I can input my loyalty cards into the program and that doing so will help me find deals and nearby locations.  I like Apple's Passbook app for that, but Passbook still has only a limited number of companies/services, so this is really nice.  I also like the weekly ads.  It's really nice to have them all copied together in one location, rather than going from store website to store website to see them.

The QR code scanner built into the program will be helpful when necessary, but I don't seem to ever think to pull out a phone and scan a code when I see one.  We'll chalk that up to lack of curiosity maybe.  I did just scan a code on a bottle of hand lotion that is on my desk just to try out the feature.  It was kind of interesting to see what the price is at local stores.  (Sorry Target, but it looks like Walmart has you beat by 13 cents!).


No comments:

Post a Comment