Friday, April 18, 2014

Thing 8 - Social Media Management Tools

For this thing, I decided to try out the TweetCaster app.  While I've been on Twitter for quite some time, I've only ever used the official Twitter app.  Trying a different Twitter client was something I wanted to do for awhile.

One of the big draws of TweetCaster for me is the ability to post simultaneously to Twitter and Facebook.  I'm a pretty infrequent poster, but I like the idea of killing two birds with one stone when I do want to post something.  I also like the app's ability to filter things in my timeline, so I can just posts with pics, video, links, etc.

As for the appearance of the app, I like it slightly better than the Twitter app, but I don't like the advertising banners that show on the bottom.  Someone with clumsy fingers like myself tend to hit those by accident too often.

I do use Twitter to follow a number or library-related people, organizations, and vendors, so if I decide to keep TweetCaster as my Twitter client, then obviously this app will play a big role in my professional networking and development.

No comments:

Post a Comment